Minutes of S.O.S Save Our Village Campaign Group
Date of Meeting: 05/01/19 @ 16:00
Attendees: Andrew Grimes, Jim Frewin, James Reid, Mark Chatfield, Dawn Peer, John Brown, Lee Brown
Location: Oatlands Road
The minutes of the meeting held on 8th December 2018 were approved.
Review of Actions
Conduct research on other groups to identify lessons learned
All successful campaigns had the support of councillors who worked alongside residents.
Think about fundraising ideas for the group.
Some ideas but no real progress.
In conjunction with the Parish Council set up a web-site to cover the consultation being run by WBC.
The web-site has since gone live.
Create the technical response to the consultation
Print DL Leaflet which can be issued out to schools
Create response for the Cutbush Lane Development
MC & JF
Find out the reasons why the Local Plan for Maidenhead was rejected.
Material provided and circulated with minutes
All members to submit content for the web-site to Mark
Set up e-mail facility on the web-site
E-mail set up
Confirm parish office address can be used
Peter has confirmed this is ok.
Order hi-vis jackets for the group
Work up public questions to be asked at the Council Meeting
Questions worked up
JR & JF
Organise public show of support for council meeting on 24/01
50+ residents turned up
Matters Arising from Actions
- All members of the group to think about fundraising ideas so that we can start raising money to enable us to fight the development
- Dawn knows of an individual who may be able to become the fundraising officer. Action: Dawn to approach individual and confirm if suitable.
- The prototype site is up and running. Aim is to have the full site up and running by 24/01 so everyone is encouraged to provide material by 09/01.
- Key stories will be:
- Failed appeal at Stanbury – Dawn
- Article on the SOS Our Villages walks in January – Andrew & James
- Map of the areas proposed for development – Andrew
- Copy of presentation given at the Parish Hall – Andrew
- Update on Cutbush Lane – Jim & Mark
- Neighborhood Plan Image – Dawn
- Questions being worked on which can be asked at the petition debate on 24th Jan
- Important to bring up that we are defending the neighborhood plan which was formally approved at a referendum
- Key actions:
- Draft questions – James & Jim
- Arrange for residents to come along to the debate – All
- Arrange for some banners to be printed for a photo opportunity – Peter
- Print some A3 banners for a photo opportunity – Mark
- Tip off councillors – Jim
- Quickest way to get message out isn’t door knocking, but leafletting
- Key actions:
- Design leaflet – James & Jim
- Parish Council to approve leaflet – Andrew
- Upload the core response to the web-site – Mark
The next meeting will be held on 2nd February at Shinfield Parish Hall from 12:15 to 14:30.
Create questions for the debate on 24/01
JF & JR
Encourage residents to come to the debate
Arrange for banners to be printed to take to the debate
Print A3 banners to take to the debate
Let councillors know that there will residents at debate
Design leaflet to publicise consultation & encourage responses
JF & JR
Parish Council to approve leaflet
Upload the core response to the website
Provide material for the website
Speak to prospective fundraising officer